Skip to content

Call For FREE Consultation

Why You Need An Attorney When Suing a Municipality

Spread the love

Did you know that the city, town, county or state government can be held responsible for personal injuries? Whether you experienced a slip and fall on a public sidewalk or had an accident involving a municipal vehicle, you can fight for compensation for your injuries.

While you deserve this compensation, it can be hard to hold a municipality responsible for an injury without an experienced attorney to represent you. Here are a couple of the reasons why you need an attorney to help you succeed in receiving damages.

Why You Need An Attorney:

There are shorter time limits.
There are strict time limits when it comes to suing the state or local government. In some places, you need to file the claim within just 30 days of your injury. An attorney will be able to ensure that you meet these important deadlines.

You Need a Notice of Claim.
In many cases, you cannot file a lawsuit in court against the government. Instead, you need to provide a “Notice of Claim.” There is specific information that must be included in this notice — and you’ll want to make sure that you are filing this correctly.

If you find yourself in need of an attorney, don’t hesitate to reach out to our professionals here at Levine and Wiss, PLLC. Our experienced personal injury lawyers will help protect your rights and secure the compensation that you are entitled to. Give us a call at 1-888-GOT-HURT for a FREE consultation.

The owner of this website has made a commitment to accessibility and inclusion, please report any problems that you encounter using the contact form on this website. This site uses the WP ADA Compliance Check plugin to enhance accessibility.

Contact Us

contact form (5)